An Alibaba stock split proposal has been made by the company in an effort to increase its number of shares.
Here’s what investors in Alibaba (NYSE: BABA ) need to know about the stock split proposal.
- The Alibaba stock split would have the company dividing one share into eight shares.
- This means that the company will be increasing its number of shares from 4 billion to 32 billion.
- The company says that it will be holding a vote on the Alibaba stock split proposal during its annual shareholders meeting.
- This meeting will be taking place on July 15, 2019.
- If shareholders approve of the stock split, the Alibaba says that it will occur no later than July 15, 2020.
- The company is advising shareholders in BABA stock to vote in favor of the plans to split the stock.
- Alibaba claims that the stock split will also create a lower point of entry for more investors.
- It says that this will give the company more flexible capital to work with in the future.
- The stock split may have to do with the company’s plans to hold an initial public offering in Hong Kong.
- Some reports claim that the company may be able to raise as much as $20 billion from an IPO in Hong Kong.
BABA stock was up 1% as of Monday afternoon.
More From InvestorPlace
- 4 Top American Penny Pot Stocks (Buy Before June 21)
- The 7 Best Tech Stocks to Buy for the Second Half of 2019
- 7 Top-Rated Biotech Stocks to Invest In Today
- 4 Semiconductor Stocks to Sell
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
The post Alibaba Stock Split: What BABA Investors Should Know About the 1-for-8 Proposal appeared first on InvestorPlace .