The World's Smartest 3D Measurement Software Platform
LAKE MARY, Fla. , May 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO ® ( FARO ), the world's most trusted source for imaging for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for 3D manufacturing, announces the release of the FARO ® CAM2 2019 metrology software platform. CAM2 2019 is specifically designed to enable users of FARO metrology hardware products to realize the highest level of measurement performance across the automotive, aerospace, machine tools, metal fabrication and a variety of manufacturing industries ( https://www.faro.com/cam2/ ). This includes the recently introduced FARO Prizm TM Color Laser Line Probe and the 6Probe Laser Tracker product families.
This release has evolved from extensive user feedback to the well-received CAM2 2018 introduced a year ago. CAM2 2019 sets a new standard for intelligent metrology via improved ease of use, interactivity, flexibility and targeted, actionable intelligence.
Enhanced Usability and Efficiency
In addition to the tight integration with FARO metrology products that enables a seamless user experience, CAM2 2019 extends the narrative for high value interactivity and usability. For example, 6Probe users are now able to program button configurations and then interact with the software through the device in real time. Additionally, FARO Laser Line Probe users can benefit from immediate visual feedback of part quality via live deviation color scans. Finally, with Built-In Universal CAD Importer , all major CAD file formats can be directly imported into CAM2. This improves the workflow by eliminating the need for time consuming "double translations."
CAM2 2019 features a standard set of software instructions, or routines, which automatically guide the user through specific operations, visually and audibly. This dramatically lowers the bar for the technical expertise required to use FARO 3D measurement solutions, shortens the workflow and allows users to direct their primary focus on the measurement results themselves. Additionally, preset Scanning Profiles further streamline the end to end process by enabling users to select the appropriate scan setting for the specific part type with the click of a button.
Actionable Intelligence Through Statistical Process Control (SPC)
CAM2 2018 featured the Repeat Part Management (RPM) Control Center, an integrated, web-based dashboard reporting tool that delivers real time inspection results and insightful trend analysis in a user-friendly set of adaptable visual reports. Additionally, RPM enables a specific inspection process to be designed once and then repeated and executed by anyone on the factory floor. CAM2 2019 evolves this functionality to actionable intelligence by delivering statistically based graphs and results for trend analysis and predictive alerts. These alerts not only highlight that the measurement target is trending beyond tolerances, but also provide advanced intelligence into the process and why the situation is occurring.
"At this time in 2018, when we announced CAM2 2018, we highlighted that our software development energies would be directed to having our software enable our customers to realize the full operational potential of their FARO hardware," stated Pete Edmonds , Vice President 3D Manufacturing. "CAM2 2019 takes a big step in the continued evolution of the platform towards resetting industry expectations for what measurement software can do and should do to optimize the end to end measurement experience and value."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design - Capture and edit part geometries or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics - Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary , Florida. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore . FARO has other offices in the United States , Canada , Mexico , Brazil , Germany , the United Kingdom , France , Spain , Italy , Poland , Turkey , the Netherlands , Switzerland , India , China , Malaysia , Thailand , South Korea , Japan , and Australia .
T his press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 .
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faro-introduces-cam2-2019-metrology-software-300855842.html