Improved Efficiency and Faster Workflows for FARO Laser Scanners
LAKE MARY, Fla. , Jan. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO ® ( FARO ), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for public safety forensics and construction BIM, announces the release of SCENE 2019 ( http://www.faro.com/scene ), an advanced, integrated software platform that optimizes the FARO Focus Laser Scanner product family. SCENE 2019 is specifically designed to evolve the 3D reality capture, analysis and documentation experience across the public safety forensics segment for crash, crime, fire and security planning and Traceable Construction TM for Architecture, Engineering and Construction markets.
Process Scans Up to 50% Faster
A breakthrough FARO innovation in SCENE 2019 allows the laser scanner CPU (Central Processing Unit) to be leveraged at nearly 100% of capacity and reduces scan processing time by up to 50%. Additionally, this efficiency scales up accordingly as additional CPU cores are added.
Significantly Reduce Clean up
Another FARO innovation, Moving Objects Filter , enables automated ghosting or easy removal of undesirable objects moving through a scene e.g. people or vehicles. This significantly reduces data cleanup time and effort for unwanted items.
Easily Merge Scans from Different Locations
Advanced new functionality now enables a section of a point cloud to be exported from SCENE into FARO Zone 3D software, or other 3rd party software packages, where they can be displayed in color and manipulated as a 3D model. It is now much easier to merge scans for FARO Zone 3D from different locations. For example, in a crash reconstruction, a user can first scan the roadway where a crash occurred, scan the vehicles at the impound lot and then integrate the meshed point clouds in FARO Zone 3D.
"We can create some of the fastest 3D reality capture equipment in the world, but it has limited value if the data captured is cumbersome and slow to process," stated Andreas Gerster , Vice President Construction BIM. "FARO continues to uniquely innovate in this area in SCENE 2019 with the introduction of artificial intelligence to filter out moving objects, expansion of the software's flexibility and quantifiable, advanced workflow improvements."
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design - Capture and edit part geometries or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics - Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary , Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore . FARO has other offices in the United States , Canada , Mexico , Brazil , Germany , the United Kingdom , France , Spain , Italy , Poland , Turkey , the Netherlands , Switzerland , India , China , Malaysia , Thailand , South Korea , Japan , and Australia .
T his press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and in Part II, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 .
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faro-releases-scene-2019-for-advanced-3d-reality-capture-300784000.html